Hey guys n gals,

I made a pretty basic error and missed a step in my usual changing wheels routine yesterday. Was on off rain at the track, the call was going from slicks to no slicks pretty regularly. I decided if I was going to get any track time in, I should probably just whack on my road wheels (Q3's on them). I had a few people jump in to help me change the wheels in the pits. It's a piece of piss to do and have done it many times before, but by myself...( just to be very clear here, I am in no way blaming anyone but myself for this) so front and rear were changed, tools getting passed around and unfortunately, not only did I not double check all bolts were tightened, I also missed putting lockwire back through caliper bolts. I am very thankful I didn't take anyone else out in the crash... Very silly of me.

So, 4? laps into the session, was having fun, thinking the Q3's aren't too bad, drops of rain on the visor etc, not pushing hard at all, round corporate hill, went to get on the anchors for old turn nine, lever straight to the bar, quickly grabbed again, once more, saw wall coming very quickly, not scrubbed off any speed, jumped on the rear brake, skids are cool, right? Then bam. The airfence has only been there for about a week! Only just caught the last metre or so thank god/allah/satan, pick your deity. Was kinda wedged in the airfence on my bike, turned ignition off, couldn't believe my arms were working, got off bike, couldn't believe my legs were working, had a look at the bike and realised I couldn't move it and walked away to wait for the inevitable ambulance ride. Walked away... Still can't quite believe I'm not broken! Bike is though, oh well...

Anyway, here is little clip of the crash!

https://youtu.be/D90w2_StXyk

TLDR; finger tight isn't enough on caliper bolts.