Thread: FXRRC RND 3 - This Sunday

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post

Seat done

Took this just after the first coat but got another on now.

Too easy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

when painting yellow top coats .... ALWAYS ALWAYS apply a couple of white coats first, then yellow .... why?

if no white base, it'll take more coats of yellow to cover the "grey primer" (say 4 or more coats depending on a few different varying factors, like, viscosity or acrylic or enamel, for example), than opposed to applying 2 coats of yellow over the white base coat, giving you 100% coverage with less top coats applied.
    The completely rebuilt R6 "MetalMan" #70
    visit my page:
    www.youtube.com/AussiesR6
    www.facebook.com/metalmanracing
    For all the latest technology in Action Video Cameras, head to www.dvrsafety.com.au
    Sponsored by BC Riley Haulage: www.facebook.com/Bcrileyconsulting/

Quote Originally Posted by Metal-Man View Post
    when painting yellow top coats .... ALWAYS ALWAYS apply a couple of white coats first, then yellow .... why?

if no white base, it'll take more coats of yellow to cover the "grey primer" (say 4 or more coats depending on a few different varying factors, like, viscosity or acrylic or enamel, for example), than opposed to applying 2 coats of yellow over the white base coat, giving you 100% coverage with less top coats applied.
    Good advice. When I started painting I was thinking it would have been easier going over white than grey. Oh well, now I know for next time. I have another can so not a disaster but definitely would have been easier!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    do a burnout

Thread Information