Thread: R6 Fork Oil Change & Seal Replacement

R6 Fork Oil Change & Seal Replacement

Have leaky fork on 2008 R6, thought I would try to fix.

So many questions!

Any suggestions on the height of the oil? Manual says 103mm. I am using 7W.

Thanks.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/like/2908...s=true&viphx=1

I have used these on the MX bikes and the race bikes before... Depends on how and why the seal is leaking, if it is just a small piece of dirt in there, as long as the seal is still good this will fix it.

Otherwise its forks out and apart to fit new

Quote Originally Posted by Stu23 View Post
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/like/2908...s=true&viphx=1

I have used these on the MX bikes and the race bikes before... Depends on how and why the seal is leaking, if it is just a small piece of dirt in there, as long as the seal is still good this will fix it.

Otherwise its forks out and apart to fit new
    Me too (used the seal mate thingies). Sometimes they work, sometimes not. The hard part is getting all the way around.

I usually run 110mm air gap on the R6. I use 5w oil.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Thanks. I tried the seal mate, but it still kept leaking.

Thought it was time I tried to do oil and seal change myself! Finished the leaky one off last night, will try and setup the other tonight to be setup the same.

There was a great Dave Moss video from OTT specifically for the 2008+ R6 forks, (cost USD$5 online). [Marshy you should do some how to videos and YT them pointing to the TT site for more info].

He recommended 130mm (track and street compromise) and didn't mention fork oil weight, I assume more air gap makes the forks softer?
    Last edited by Phat3R; 15-12-2015 at 11:06 AM.

you can play around with the air gap to make the fork feel a little softer or even harder depending

Thread Information