Thread: Brembo 19RCS...worth it?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Yep, SRJL XX on the R6 was night and day difference... But I still prefer the stock brakes on the ZX6. Having said that, I have an RCS in my shopping basket at caprimoto and the mouse finger is rather twitchy

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    Yep, SRJL XX on the R6 was night and day difference... But I still prefer the stock brakes on the ZX6. Having said that, I have an RCS in my shopping basket at caprimoto and the mouse finger is rather twitchy
    Really I quite like the srjl-XXs on the ZX but I guess it's a personal preference. That being said I never actually ran the oem pads on track at a decent pace mainly in white group/on the road.
    Haha I'm the same with the RCS, carpimoto and all. You go first and let me know how it compares to the stock MC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pronounced Kang-Ah not Kang-Gah

Quote Originally Posted by KANGA View Post
    Really I quite like the srjl-XXs on the ZX but I guess it's a personal preference. That being said I never actually ran the oem pads on track at a decent pace mainly in white group/on the road.
    Haha I'm the same with the RCS, carpimoto and all. You go first and let me know how it compares to the stock MC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    hahaha dammit... shouldn't have said anything and waited for your feedback.

What I meant was that I prefer the stock ZX6R over the SRJL on the R6. I haven't actually tried the SRJLs on the ZX6R, which I hope I will next! But I still have plenty of meat left on the current set (OEMs). That being said, I'm sure there's something else I need from kurveygirl so I should get the SRJLs to save on shipping. You know... 'cause it's the right thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    hahaha dammit... shouldn't have said anything and waited for your feedback.

What I meant was that I prefer the stock ZX6R over the SRJL on the R6. I haven't actually tried the SRJLs on the ZX6R, which I hope I will next! But I still have plenty of meat left on the current set (OEMs). That being said, I'm sure there's something else I need from kurveygirl so I should get the SRJLs to save on shipping. You know... 'cause it's the right thing to do.
    the zx6's will struggle with brake fade with anything but the original pads. I have just been through this trying to fix brake fade issues, went back to the original pads and the fade has almost completely gone.

Quote Originally Posted by simonr View Post
    the zx6's will struggle with brake fade with anything but the original pads. I have just been through this trying to fix brake fade issues, went back to the original pads and the fade has almost completely gone.
    Haven't had much of a problem with brake fade with mine to be honest... I did struggle with bleeding it properly and it took multiple tries to fix (Thanks Mick/Rhino and even Wetty!). Motul suppa-duppa fluid works a treat too but as we all know, they can be very finicky when it comes to moisture. Somehow mine did last over a year without issues though. I now have RBF600(?) in it and it's not as fantastic but it's still very good (and lot cheaper/easier to run).

Disclaimer: At my pace I may not be experiencing the problems you are!

Thread Information