Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ardc 6th

Quote Originally Posted by zoidberg View Post
    Just watched that Luke, you went basically another 100 after you normally back off, no wonder you were tense on the bars!!! As Nick said earlier, you were basically were the guys pulling 35s and under back off. How the hell Allerton et al; do that lap after lap after lap without being a nervous wreck all the time I have no idea...

Steve? How do you do it? You seem so calm and like a normal person to talk to? I dips me hat m'lud...
    Senile. Allerton and the boys go a lot deeper than I do but I am working on it. I try and go the same speed as normal and keep tighter lines until you have spare track then fill half the spare track in with speed keeping the other half as a back stop.

What a day, it was great to ride with some truly fast riders and trying to keep up. Times just kept getting quicker.
    First time on the BMW but found the front forks only using half travel and felt so hard in the track. Thanks for the tip zoidberg about possibly to much oil in the forks, stripped them down this morning and found 15mm air gap in the left fork and specs call for 85mm.
    The previous owner had just had the fork seals done at BMW.... How could they get that so wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by stevem View Post
    Senile. Allerton and the boys go a lot deeper than I do but I am working on it. I try and go the same speed as normal and keep tighter lines until you have spare track then fill half the spare track in with speed keeping the other half as a back stop.
    Hahaha! Senility eh? By my reckoning, you must forget to be terrified every lap? Lucky man. That's some great advice about filling spare track with speed. Good description mate!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mvmitch View Post
    What a day, it was great to ride with some truly fast riders and trying to keep up. Times just kept getting quicker.
    First time on the BMW but found the front forks only using half travel and felt so hard in the track. Thanks for the tip zoidberg about possibly to much oil in the forks, stripped them down this morning and found 15mm air gap in the left fork and specs call for 85mm.
    The previous owner had just had the fork seals done at BMW.... How could they get that so wrong?
    The only reason I thought it might have been that was I had seals replaced a while back in a shop with the same results as yours. Shame we couldn't pull them down on the day.

No more advise for you, you're quick enough on non compliant forks!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zoidberg View Post
    No more advise for you, you're quick enough on non compliant forks!
    I agree.

I'd just managed start lapping quicker than Chris, till he traded the 750 for a bike of equal power, now I'm chasing again....
    Oh well was a good two weeks while it lasted. The fun begins again

Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
    I agree.

I'd just managed start lapping quicker than Chris, till he traded the 750 for a bike of equal power, now I'm chasing again....
    Oh well was a good two weeks while it lasted. The fun begins again
    After riding Friday I still have some much more to learn but at least we are heading the right direction and not going backwards.
    You think you will be right to go by the 25th?

I'll be on the ape, but should be sweet, dropped the suit to Irena this morning, ordered some new gloves from Andrew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information