Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ARDC Tuesday 11th Oct

I need to do the same RE AIM sector spots, I really need to learn how to do analysis on it so I can see where I am faster.
    The 2008 Beast R6 "champ" #81.
    Director of TrackStop Service and Storage
    "for all your motorcycle track needs"

ARDC Tuesday 11th Oct

Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    I need to do the same RE AIM sector spots, I really need to learn how to do analysis on it so I can see where I am faster.
    So do I, actually I've never pluged mine into a pc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
    So do I, actually I've never pluged mine into a pc

I only own a mac, so I need to buy a pc. I guess then it goes from a lie detector to a useful tool to learn how to go faster with.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

MA is clamping down on lap timers at ride days again
    Expect to get checked family member on staff tells me yesterday.
    ARDC days looking better by far now.

Very cool. Interesting to note that after the lap following you were 8/10 slower than the one following. Maybe just the red mist and determination of trying to keep with him. Overlaying your data with obviously show you where you made time. Great work!

I was trying to catch my breath!! And the rear tyre letting go had spooked me a bit.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Mind letting us know what pressures you've been running with your V02's Nick? Everyone I talk to seem to run completely different pressures.

Quote Originally Posted by zoidberg View Post
    I only own a mac, so I need to buy a pc. I guess then it goes from a lie detector to a useful tool to learn how to go faster with.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    I run the AIM software on the mac with a virtual machine, no problems.
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Quote Originally Posted by Binksy View Post
    Mind letting us know what pressures you've been running with your VO2's Nick? Everyone I talk to seem to run completely different pressures.
    I think it's largely that different bikes seem to like different things with the VO2's.
    Marshy I belive is 25 or 26 on the Aprilia whereas I have ended up at 27-28 on the BMW.
    Dave Moss wrote a good review on tuning tyre pressures and carcas temp, specifically on the VO2's and their wear...
    http://feelthetrack.com/testing-prog...02-slick-test/

I run,34f 23R (hot off warmers) on the vo2s / RSV4, seems pretty good for me atm,

hey Owen, I like that edited signature !!!

I ran the VO2 rear 24 hot off the warmers. The Dunlops I run 32 front, 19 rear off the warmers and can try 19-21 as in I would go harder rather than less.
    Last edited by stevem; 13-10-2016 at 04:56 PM.

Nice vid Marshy, awesome time. Makes a huge difference being able to follow (*chase) someone quicker. Had a similar thing last trackday, dropping almost 2 seconds by purely having another quick 600 as a target.

I'm saving that video just to re-watch Damien's riding and the accuracy of his lines. Just awesome

hey Owen, I like that edited signature !!!
    Hahaha, EAGLE-eyed!! There will be a bit of a build thread soon!!

Quote Originally Posted by Binksy View Post
    Mind letting us know what pressures you've been running with your V02's Nick? Everyone I talk to seem to run completely different pressures.
    So I've experimented with rear pressures a LOT recently, and I find it all boils down to the temperature (track temp, ambient temp, and tyre temp after a run). As a guide, 23 works really well when it's cold, and I run up to 26 as it gets hotter. I feel the rear as soon as I come in, and if it's not hot enough I drop the pressure a little bit, and if it's too hot, bump up the pressure. At Broadford (Wakey is the same), I was running it even lower in the mornings to get the left side of the tyre to turn on. At the Creek the other day I was at 25.5 (warm track but cool/cold wind, especially earlier on).

I do the same now with the front. At PI in the cold, I couldn't get a soft Bridgestone to generate any heat at all, even with low pressures like 30, so switching back to the Dunlop and running it down at 30 hot and it was magic. Broadford was about 31-32 to get it properly turned on (morning/afternoon). At the Creek tho, I run them mostly at 34, unless it's really cold. The front generates heaps of heat there in most conditions.

Thanks all i might have a bit more of a play with pressures

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    So I've experimented with rear pressures a LOT recently, and I find it all boils down to the temperature (track temp, ambient temp, and tyre temp after a run). As a guide, 23 works really well when it's cold, and I run up to 26 as it gets hotter. I feel the rear as soon as I come in, and if it's not hot enough I drop the pressure a little bit, and if it's too hot, bump up the pressure. At Broadford (Wakey is the same), I was running it even lower in the mornings to get the left side of the tyre to turn on. At the Creek the other day I was at 25.5 (warm track but cool/cold wind, especially earlier on).

I do the same now with the front. At PI in the cold, I couldn't get a soft Bridgestone to generate any heat at all, even with low pressures like 30, so switching back to the Dunlop and running it down at 30 hot and it was magic. Broadford was about 31-32 to get it properly turned on (morning/afternoon). At the Creek tho, I run them mostly at 34, unless it's really cold. The front generates heaps of heat there in most conditions.
    By feel the tyres? Are you just going for a hot Sticky feel? I know what cold tyres feel like but not hot?
    I've just order a digital temp gauge so I can accurately record track, tyre temps ect, in an effort to document and improve. What's a good running temp (end of session say) for the VO2s

What's a good running temp (end of session say) for the VO2s
    Somewhere between "that's not really very hot" and "oh fudge, that's hot!!"

I just feel it with my palm. The tyre is too hot when it's painful to touch. You quickly get the feel for whether it's too hot or too cold. I have no idea what temperature that equates to.... I have a gauge too but I never use it for tyre temp (probably should tho!).

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Somewhere between "that's not really very hot" and "oh fudge, that's hot!!"

I just feel it with my palm. The tyre is too hot when it's painful to touch. You quickly get the feel for whether it's too hot or too cold. I have no idea what temperature that equates to.... I have a gauge too but I never use it for tyre temp (probably should tho!).
    Ahhh cool. Well play the "how hot is Marshy touching" game on the 25th and I'll let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    PS: you need to clean up your AIM sectors Duplicate the EC sector spots and youll get more accurate timing in AIM
    I've been running data and cleaning up stuff (and discovered that the theoretical best lap data came from one session of two laps, where it looked like the gps data was out of sync, and so not to be trusted), and I'm not sure that I'm comparing apples with apples. Kris, are you able to email me your map? So I can compare sectors properly?

I had a quick look at mine and noticed the gps data seemed out of wack. T1 mid corner it shows 179 where my speedo is showing 208. Checking the revs and gearing on gearing commander it seems the speedo is right.
    If im honest I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to Aim software.

I'm only a little better, Steve. Kris is an expert!

Sometimes my squiggles don't line up, even though I have 'loaded the map for the currently open tests', so they should be the same.

TBH, I don't really know either. The more time I spend, the more I doubt some of the data. Clearly it's my lack of understanding, rather than an inherent flaw in the device, but I'm not quite sure how to improve....

By feel the tyres? Are you just going for a hot Sticky feel? I know what cold tyres feel like but not hot?
    I've just order a digital temp gauge so I can accurately record track, tyre temps ect, in an effort to document and improve. What's a good running temp (end of session say) for the VO2s

They are pretty important.

Quote Originally Posted by zoidberg View Post
    They are pretty important.

That's all I'd be using it for too!

Dunno what is going on with a V02 front soft at PI for you Nick. Mine was toasty running 33 psi off warmers and returning at 33psi after the session when we were there with St George in the middle of winter. Plenty of grip too, nice wear pattern etc.
    AKA Tumbleweed #52

Bike: 06 r6 #52 (search for the flouro!!)
    Dirt: Honda Cr125r

Major Sponsor:

I know a lot of guys love them. Hell, I've recommended them to people! Dunno why it didn't work for me, or at ASBK/WSBK in Feb. Same at Broadford. Very odd.

Maybe I'm just soooo fast that the front wheel isn't on the ground very much??

Thread Information