Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
I think some form of mentoring is key. I know I would have been well lost, with out the help of nick and all the guys on this forum. I recon we take it for granted, but the knowledge in this group alone is a good starting point for any budding racers.
I agree with most on here that there needs to be an introduction to racing (starts in particular) basically race your mates in some form, and some kind of assessment.
When I did my MA test it was open book and easy to pass. I still had to re read MOMs and ask a million questions prior to my 1st race. Where do you get that info and encouragement if not here? The one page speal on St George's web page?

How do you fix it? Not really sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree with entirely Luke,
I have only done 2 races (Total Novice) & its only the help from you guys in the pits that have really given me that has been useful - A BIG thanks !

Is it only SMSP that has such a tight packed starting grid ?

Agree with you Nafe - "I'd say this incident is more down to ARDC crowding the grid. I've only raced SMSP, Wakefield and PI. Don't even begin to claim to be anything other than complete amateur, but the grids at SMSP seem way more compact, scarier and more dangerous.

Horrible situation, really hoping all involved are going to be ok."

With the big numbers in the field at that last meeting it could have happened in any race.