Quote Originally Posted by Petefrost View Post
Who ever was there......forgetttttttt.........forgetttttttttttt tt...
That was me, Pete. Wait, was it? I forget.....

I've tried and tried to reach the foot brake, and it's just not a thing I can do. I really WANT to be using the rear brake (on a litrebike I am TOTALLY reliant on electronics to not loop the bike over backwards), but I seem physically and mentally incapable of using the foot lever. I rode Lee's bike with a thumb brake for a couple of laps, and within half a a lap I was happily (and easily, almost automatically) using the thumb brake! It just feels right, to me.

The only time I use the foot brake is race starts, and I could probably switch to the thumb pretty easily for that too. Because there's the option to keep the foot brake, I've decided to do so, but if I was more budget conscious I could do without it pretty easily, I reckon.

For reference, this was me the other day trying out the new dash. I thought wheelie control was on, as normal, and this was the OUTLAP of the first session on a cold cold morning, so totes not accelerating very hard at all, in fourth gear. I would've sworn the electronics on the R1 weren't doing that much for me, especially as they aren't even in the same postcode as being as good as the racing Aprilia electronics. I thought I was goooooone! Thumb brake needed!