Thread: The next project

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My Next Project

Since last year I have noticed the deficiencies with my current race bike "The Tank" like weight, suspension, brakes and aero
    so since the start of the year I've bought a bike and been buying parts to turn

This

P7210603.jpg

INTO this

EC 10-9-11 (637).jpg

or is it the other way around? lol

My logic being they are both 5 valve Yammies and 95% of what I already own with the FZ1 is interchangeable so the build will be very cost efficient

I've picked up some absolute bargains when the AUD was at 1.05 with run out stock, and the price from the wreckers over in the USA, combined with my Shipito PO Box has allowed me to stretch the budget that much further, this has given me more money to spend on the important stuff like Suspension ;-)
    This complete set arrived for $150, I've cleaned and service them and added my favorite new pads($50)
    P8080066.jpg

Finding a window to convert everything over and fit a couple of debugging track days, between race meets is the difficult part, I could be doing it now but I want to race the old girl(The Tank) at PI at the end of the month, maybe after that and before the last round of the St George series at SMSP at the start of November....just let me through another ball up in the air to try and juggle :-)
    How the bike and the body finish up at PI will determine what happens next.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mstevo; 25-09-2013 at 10:59 AM.
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Championship winner (2012) (the tank)
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Road bike
    2005 KTM 450 EXC (fun bike)
    2005 Yamaha R1 Class winner 2014

Thread Information