Thread: What I did today...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Upgraded my rec. Lic to senior national, going to get a couple of ride days in to see how I'm traveling then some race your mates and ARDC practice days, then hopefully early next year I'll get into some D grade races.

Also reinstalling the repaired fairings on the bike, getting some Lockwire started and a oil change while I'm at it.
    Should I flush the coolant out now? Or wait until I start ARDC days? It's not required for ride days but prob early a good to start now ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
    Should I flush the coolant out now? Or wait until I start ARDC days? It's not required for ride days but prob early a good to start now ???
    If you give it a light flush (more like just drain the coolant and refill it with distilled water), you'll make people happy in the event of a spillage whilst still protecting the engine from rust etc. A touch of coolant still in the system is ok for anything but racing. Just remember to properly flush it before your first race meet.

Remember people, never ever let tap water anywhere near your coolant system and you'll never have any problems with rust. Once you've put tap water in it, it's a lot of flushing to ensure it's all out again. Distilled/demineralised water is cheep cheep from Bunnings in 3 litre containers. Before racing, buy a few containers and flush for a while with the motor running (pour demineralised water in the radiator, while the drain hole on the water pump is open, and the engine is running). The bike only holds a couple of litres (less than you might think), so it's not expensive to do.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Thread Information