Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: St George round 5 & 6 Eastern creek 2/3 November

Quote Originally Posted by Medic! View Post
    Let's do a wife swap. Mine causes me so much stress I'm about 15kg under weight. Might have to get the leathers taken in a few inches if I lose anymore.
    Hmmm, swings and roundabouts there, I guess. Maybe I'm so fat because the wife looks after me so well. Yeah, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!!
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Nothing like cupcakes for dessert!

can we not talk about weight !

Quote Originally Posted by Stu23 View Post
    What's the latest on that front Stu? Should I start having tarts delivered to your door yet?? I need you to carry at least a 15Kg ballast, mate... and that's if I lose a few more kgs! hahahha

I think modified motors in club racing should be banned!

I think anyone under 90kgs should carry ballast to make it up on their back !!

hahaha I'm afraid I'll have to side with Chubb... I've been thinking about the Ninja300 Cup and to be competitive on that I'd need to drop at least another 5Kg (currently 70Kg) and pray for some new found talent!!!

Or we can do both:

Rider under 90Kgs - ballast to make up for it

Non stock engine - add 20kgs

+1 billion!!

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    I think modified motors in club racing should be banned!
    Why? There's already classes for that. One being called production racing

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Hmmm, swings and roundabouts there, I guess. Maybe I'm so fat because the wife looks after me so well. Yeah, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!!
    Umm yep. I'm happy with mine. Keep asking though Medic. You might get a taker

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    hahaha I'm afraid I'll have to side with Chubb... I've been thinking about the Ninja300 Cup and to be competitive on that I'd need to drop at least another 5Kg (currently 70Kg) and pray for some new found talent!!!

Or we can do both:

Ed, if you're 70kgs what are you on about? If I was you I'd lay low about the weight. There are plenty of us with 20+ kgs on you
    Pre Modern Formula 1 Champion 2013 (GSXR750T)

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

Or we can do both:

Or could just have a TT fatties sub class - with a box of cup cakes for the winner?

I'm pretty keen on one of these little beasties too.

Over 70kgs racing club class

Over 70kgs racing club class
    That's PCRA

Quote Originally Posted by Phat3R View Post
    Or could just have a TT fatties sub class - with a box of cup cakes for the winner?

I'm pretty keen on one of these little beasties too.
    Pcra would never spend that much on trophies
    Pre Modern Formula 1 Champion 2013 (GSXR750T)

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

Quote Originally Posted by senator8 View Post
    Pcra would never spend that much on trophies

Question re tip over sensors ... for racing do you disable them or you would prefer it cuts out?

Definitely leave them connected. Mucho damage can result from not having one.

Back in the olden days, before tip-over switches, we used to race with lanyards on (like on a tinny with an outboard, on a stretchy cable), so that if you parted company with the bike it killed the ignition.

Like this:

Quote Originally Posted by senator8 View Post

Ed, if you're 70kgs what are you on about? If I was you I'd lay low about the weight. There are plenty of us with 20+ kgs on you
    Never ridden the bike in this new 'class' so I'm not too sure if I'd have any advantages! Last time I raced I was 85kgs...

Never ridden the bike in this new 'class' so I'm not too sure if I'd have any advantages! Last time I raced I was 85kgs...
    So what's 10kg worth around the Gardner Circuit on a 300 twin?

The Ninga300 cup could be sponsored by Lite & Easy or Jenny Craig ....

Definitely leave them connected. Mucho damage can result from not having one.

Back in the olden days, before tip-over switches, we used to race with lanyards on (like on a tinny with an outboard, on a stretchy cable), so that if you parted company with the bike it killed the ignition.

Like this:

Thx Marshy ... I've still got to sort out my side stand kill switch for St George ... if I keep the side stand for TD's I was thinking that I should also keep the kill switch too so I don't go out with the thing down / partially up.

Seems like you can just remove the switch at the plug and put another plug in with a shorting wire to stop the cut out. Like this: http://www.boostbysmith.com/eliminators.html. May make the most sense ... but where to go for these Suzuki electrical connectors ... dealer I guess ... or buy a switch from wreckers and just use the plug? Wonder which will be cheaper?

I didnt think you could race with a side stand?

Or cant I understand engrish

I didnt think you could race with a side stand?

Correct, it's currently an on again off again sort of thing! :-)

Race = No side stand
    Track Day = side stand

It's you, chubb

I had a look in the shed, and I've got a sidestand for gixxer, but not the wire (and thus the plug). I've also checked the partial wiring loom left over from the gixxer (and the two complete yamaha ones) and I still don't have a spare plug, sorry. You could wire a switch into the bike side of the cutout plug, to close the circuit when you remove the sidestand for racing....

Oh, I've also just found a K&N filter for a K8 gixxer 600/750 in excellent condition (I just serviced it with cleaner and new oil). $40 if anyone wants it.

You could wire a switch into the bike side of the cutout plug, to close the circuit when you remove the sidestand for racing....
    Hey switch isn't a bad idea ... JayCar have some marine grade SPST I was eying off for your fan mod when I move to H2O for the radiator ... might get two of them and do some soldering this weekend.

So what's 10kg worth around the Gardner Circuit on a 300 twin?

The Ninga300 cup could be sponsored by Lite & Easy or Jenny Craig ....
    Not sure... but if on F1 the current issue is drivers having to lose weight 'cause 5Kg more equals something like 0.2sec/lap, I'm guessing on an even lighter and extremely underpowered vehicle (35hp?) it should prob be a lot more.

Hey switch isn't a bad idea ... JayCar have some marine grade SPST I was eying off for your fan mod when I move to H2O for the radiator ... might get two of them and do some soldering this weekend.
    Get a good switch! I was just out in the shed AGAIN replacing the switch for the fan. The internals just keep breaking, which is really weird. I've got an even bigger, more solid one this time.

Not sure... but if on F1 the current issue is drivers having to lose weight 'cause 5Kg more equals something like 0.2sec/lap, I'm guessing on an even lighter and extremely underpowered vehicle (35hp?) it should prob be a lot more.
    Yeah, it's heaps. Someone was telling me the perceived hp to kg ratio, but I forget now. Something like 3hp per 10kg. Needless to say it makes a big difference. Graham kept pulling away from me big-time on the straight bits at Broadford, and I said to him afterwards 'jeez that bike of yours has some mumbo', and he said 'it's just got 110hp' which is basically identical to mine. But he's probably 65kg and I'm almost 30kg more....

I've told you before it needs to be anyone under 120kg. All you light weight 90kg riders need to stop your whinging about weight disadvantages.
    2011 ZX10R track/race bike
    ZRX1200 road bike
    Period 6 ZXR 750 race bike
    P6 250 production RMX250 motard race bike
    2015 YZ450F Dirt track/motard
    TE511 trail bike/motard

Where are all the engineers when we need them!?

what are we engimaneering????

I have a plan....design for light weight ballast
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Mick View Post
    what are we engimaneering????

I have a plan....design for light weight ballast
    As long as it's low volume I'll back it up!

will be based on water, then have a hydrogen separator incorporated that will split the molecules, forming gases and making them lightweight. have them converted back to liquid for end of race testing...
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

I may not be in the 90kg+ club but my mental and mechanical disadvantages are enough trouble as it is!
    do a burnout

Quote Originally Posted by Little Mick View Post
    will be based on water, then have a hydrogen separator incorporated that will split the molecules, forming gases and making them lightweight. have them converted back to liquid for end of race testing...
    Ooh, a fuel cell!! Mmmm, I'm thinking very KERS-ish, delivering an extra 80hp??

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    mechanical disadvantages
    Yup, you ride a Suzuki. That's a massive disadvantage right there.

<runs for cover>

&lt;runs for cover&gt;
    Hahaha!!

No need to run for cover, those zook riders will convert when they ride another bike.. like those green or blue blooded ones

Ooh, a fuel cell!! Mmmm, I'm thinking very KERS-ish, delivering an extra 80hp??
    hehe ... maybe an extra "cooling Fan" that forces extra air into air intakes at high pressure to "keep it all cool"

no one will notice...
    p1020760w.jpg
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Love it!!

Thx Marshy ... I've still got to sort out my side stand kill switch for St George ... if I keep the side stand for TD's I was thinking that I should also keep the kill switch too so I don't go out with the thing down / partially up.

Seems like you can just remove the switch at the plug and put another plug in with a shorting wire to stop the cut out. Like this: http://www.boostbysmith.com/eliminators.html. May make the most sense ... but where to go for these Suzuki electrical connectors ... dealer I guess ... or buy a switch from wreckers and just use the plug? Wonder which will be cheaper?
    I might have a spare I bought it from this guy on eBay http://stores.ebay.com.au/smartmoto

I will check my toolbox

Oh, I've also just found a K&N filter for a K8 gixxer 600/750 in excellent condition (I just serviced it with cleaner and new oil). $40 if anyone wants it.
    me

Quote Originally Posted by Negrogrande View Post
    me
    Done. Are you able to make it tomorrow??

Does anyone want the sidestand?? $30. (they are like $110 from Metros).

Get a good switch! I was just out in the shed AGAIN replacing the switch for the fan. The internals just keep breaking, which is really weird. I've got an even bigger, more solid one this time.
    That's weird ... got to be related to vibration???

Well that's put me off the switch for the side stand idea because if it breaks I don't move, going to go with the plug with shorting wire to replace whole sensor, because it's pretty much bullet proof.

I might wire the fan to the unused light switch on the left hand bar ... that switch should work fine vibration wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelso View Post
    I've told you before it needs to be anyone under 120kg. All you light weight 90kg riders need to stop your whinging about weight disadvantages.
    Can't they just make the bike / rider combo the same weight for everyone in the class? Still slight advantage for the lighter riders if the ballast is situated under the current C of G.

Can't they just make the bike / rider combo the same weight for everyone in the class? Still slight advantage for the lighter riders if the ballast is situated under the current C of G.
    No!
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

YES !!! lolol

Done. Are you able to make it tomorrow??
    Can't make it tomorrow, after negotiating the day off I've been stung by a bee on my hand and now have bratwurst for fingers, can swing by yours on Monday though

Quote Originally Posted by Negrogrande View Post
    Can swing by yours on Monday though

Marshy I'll have to pop over one evening next week (Wednesday?) for some tyre changing if that suits?

<runs for cover>
    This guy.

I have no complaints about the old girl at this stage. She is very big though...

Come on, live a little haha

Lose the kill switch and install a clutch bypass so you can start it without pulling the clutch AND in gear. Heaps real!

Thread Information