Thread: Trackday tyres that don't require warmers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Yeah really is just for CSS, obviously Cliffy found time for the warmers, but I'd rather not rely on that happening for me given I've heard to different points of view. I'll just try and dig up some road road/track type tyres.
    For normal track days, whack it up on stands and warmers, no probs there.

The only reason I mentioned 190/60 is because that's the profile of the slick that's on there, and I wanted to keep the handling character as similar as possible between CSS and my own track days when I may as well put the slicks on (figure consistent feel could only help, right?)

From a riders point of view, do you guys notice any difference in handling between a 180/60 (or 180/55) and a 190/60 (or 190/55), or is it only a bee's dick of difference in the real world?
    Last edited by No_Style; 04-10-2013 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by No_Style View Post
    From a riders point of view, do you guys notice any difference in handling between a 180/60 (or 180/55) and a 190/60 (or 190/55), or is it only a bee's dick of difference in the real world?
    I don't notice a difference at all, and I'm pretty in-tune with what the bike is doing (and get around the track fairly quickly). On my FireBlade, I noticed the 200 versus the 190 massively!! But on the R6es, I don't notice between a 180/whatever, a 190/whatever, or a 195. Mind you, I usually jack the rear up or down beforehand to compensate for the difference in rear height.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by No_Style View Post
    I found no difference between a 180/55 to a 190/55 but did find a difference between the 180/55 to the 180/60

Weird I know.. I still have chicky strips on the 180/60

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    ... I still have chicky strips on the 180/60
    Hmmm, I better avoid 180/60's then or I'm really screwed!

Thread Information