Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SMP Sat 4th Jan 2014 Full circuit

That's why I simply can't ride on the road any more. I only have two speeds - flat out and dead stop. Err, maybe not such a great choice of words, come to think of it. Let's say 'completely stopped' instead
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

I'm booked in. See you guys around 10:30am.
    It's been a while, so probably plenty of rust...
    Pre Modern Formula 1 Champion 2013 (GSXR750T)

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

Quote Originally Posted by senator8 View Post
    I'm booked in.
    Can't wait until I'm saying exactly that too

Looks like maybe one of the days of the 25th-27th combo, fingers crossed.

See ya tomorrow, Rick. I'm popping out to say hi.

Cool Nick. I'm sure you'll be out there in no time

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post

See ya tomorrow, Rick. I'm popping out to say hi.

bring your new r6 I heard eddie wants a few hot laps

Quote Originally Posted by shippy__ View Post
    bring your new r6 I heard eddie wants a few hot laps

R6
    If anyone has a soft rear tyre with good tread left for track days they want to sell, plz bring along tomorrow. I am heading out swell

Have an sc2 at the moment but want to change late morning for the hotter conditions.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Condor View Post
    If anyone has a soft rear tyre with good tread left for track days they want to sell, plz bring along tomorrow. I am heading out swell

Have an sc2 at the moment but want to change late morning for the hotter conditions.

Cheers
    Size?

R6
    180 - 190/55/17. fitting to R6

Quote Originally Posted by Condor View Post
    180 - 190/55/17. fitting to R6
    Sorry mate. All I've got left is a uk ntec 9055.

so what garage ?

Fitzy and I are there tomorrow.

R6
    Quote Originally Posted by senator8 View Post
    Sorry mate. All I've got left is a uk ntec 9055.
    All good, thanks anyways

I have a superbike SC2 rear 180/55/17 with decent wear indicators, and an SC1 front as well. Nick reckons they get off the good sticky rubber before they get all the way down.
    Also got a set of Q2's I took off bike 6 months ago.
    I'll see if there is room to pack them. Or PM me ... I'm at Como in the Shire ... just round the corna.

I'll be out there tomorrow , I have a couple of bridgestone v01 190 rear I will bring along if your interested.
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

R6
    Im sorted thanks fellas, I got one earlier this arvo. Thanks anyways, see yous tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Phat3R View Post
    Hey that's good to hear Nick. Good to get the low down on exactly what's happened in the ankle.

So silly question ... if you could resist the urge to push it on the track ... and could find a race boot to fit ... you could go out and circulate in white / yellow ... just taken it easy ... ???

But hard to resist the urge to try and go ever faster ... is that part of the reason I find riding on the road so unsatisfying these days ???
    I know exactly what I'd be like if I went out early.

First session - 'I'll just take it easy, circulate, get a feel for it, no need to push it'

Second session - 'well the first felt alright... BRRAAAAAPPPPPPPPPP, whoops, ouch etc etc

I still can't fit in my new boots yet so it's a bit of a non issue at the moment haha
    do a burnout

So I put some road boots on and took my RD350 for a spin and it didn't feel too bad. Actually not really much pain. I'll see how I feel later on but good sign!
    do a burnout

ST GEORGE ROUND 1 - HERE WE COME!!!!!

It's only 4 weeks away

Not a bad day out there today. Didn't get silly hot. Good fun as usual in the pits. Got to meet a few new faces.
    After being off the bike for only 2 months, I never would have thought I would feel so uncomfortable and sloooow! :(

So 1.58s?

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    So 1.58s?
    No timer today. I didn't want to go home with confirmed depression

I'm booked for Jan 27 so I reckon I'll be out there then for a proper go. Don't want to make a call on StG yet.
    do a burnout

Had fun watching and helping Carl out today, thanks to Maurice and Wade, Mark and Rob for spending a bit of time with him.... going alright he is

Good day at the track , did 1st 2 sessions in green to blow off some cobwebs and lube up the rusty bits , then moved to red and had some fun trying to catch a few fellow tt boys. Very close passing with james at t2 .. sorry for the foot massage.. hope you didnt have any more issues with the bike cutting out.
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

there was a berik suit for sale near the tarmac talk shed on saturday for $350 anyone know who was selling it ?

Thread Information