Thread: Race Bike Prep Clarification

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    Two classes, two days. Just do it. I figure what's the point of doing all these track days if when it's time to race you don't take the opportunity to do as much as you can? You'll be tired at the end of the weekend but you'd be surprised how much lining up and waiting for those lights to go out get rid of any feeling of exhaustion. Racing is the best.
    Just thinking about those race starts gets me spinning ... fark ...

Quick tip from a race virgin, me, is to have some paper tape or something to write grid positions on, then put the tape on your tank. [there may be other ways to do this ... this was my system] When I come around T12, take a look at the position and row and line it up as you come down to the grid. Row markers are on the side of the track, but I had to be just about on the position number to see it.

I wrote on a piece of paper tape with a marker, the four (or is it five) positions across the track, with the position number in the one that was mine. I put the row number next to it. No way I could remember it for the entire warm up lap ...

ie

R10 . P38
    . . _ _ _ _
    . . _

Dan & James used the Natsoft system to get the position. I went for a wander / stretch up to the building near pit entry after every race to get my next grid position.
    Last edited by Phat3R; 08-01-2014 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phat3R View Post
    Just thinking about those race starts gets me spinning ... fark ...

Quick tip from a race virgin, me, is to have some paper tape or something to write grid positions on, then put the tape on your tank. [there may be other ways to do this ... this was my system] When I come around T12, take a look at the position and row and line it up as you come down to the grid. Row markers are on the side of the track, but I had to be just about on the position number to see it.

I wrote on a piece of paper tape with a marker, the four (or is it five) positions across the track, with the position number in the one that was mine. I put the row number next to it. No way I could remember it for the entire warm up lap ...

ie

R10 . P38
    . . _ _ _ _
    . . _

Dan & James used the Natsoft system to get the position. I went for a wander / stretch up to the building near pit entry after every race to get my next grid position.
    Yeah that was our ciggie time couldn't waste it checking out the prints up haha
    do a burnout

Thread Information