Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grading for this years racing :)

Grading for this years racing :)

ok everyone time to fess up..... who got re-graded, what did you get from MNSW this year 😊 Im assuming I'm staying in B grade...

Stu

Haven't got anything mate so I am still C grade.

No letter... D Grade...
    Isle of Man TT Apprentice.
    Racing... it's life. Everything else is just waiting.
    2008 Suzuki GSXR1000 Race bike -SOLD
    2010 Kawasaki ZX6R Race bike (my chariot for the IOMTT)

Did anyone get a letter?? I haven't heard of any gradings being done, and last year St George had a big 're-graded list' on the website prior to the first round, so that everyone could check their new grading prior to entering round 1....
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

I was kinda secretly hoping they'd send me an A grade letter

was hoping i might go back to C grade hahaha hmmm I think i might call them or email them....... Jan will kill us if we get it wrong eek

I rang last week and they said grading was complete.
    They only came back last week and apparently had 200+ license renewals in the mail or something. So maybe the grading letters are still coming.
    Pre Modern Formula 1 Champion 2013 (GSXR750T)

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

They are leaving it late, but thats good information , hope they get the changes out in time for the 1st meeting or the gradings for the year are going to be stuffed

I got graded up to C

might drop them an email or call them just to make sure i havnt gone back to C

It's all done and dusted. Just email or call them

Quote Originally Posted by Stu23 View Post
    might drop them an email or call them just to make sure i havnt gone back to C
    Yeah rite!!

you never know

lap times will be a bit slower if i have to peddle.... still no engine

Can't wait to see that!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just rang them and Grading Certificates are getting sent out today.

Make sure they have your current postal address.

I'm still B grade.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    I'm still B grade.
    Seems appropriate. You had it all over me in a couple of races in Nov On a slower, older bike!

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Seems appropriate. You had it all over me in a couple of races in Nov On a slower, older bike!
    Haha, I'm sure you were just foxing Marshy.

i need someone to help me peddle !! shorties need not apply i need longer legs for more speed !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stu23 View Post
    i need someone to help me peddle !! shorties need not apply i need longer legs for more speed !!!
    Calling Carl-52!!! He's purpose-built to pedal for you, Stu!!

hahaha think they will allow it...... hes got his MA licence

build be a set of foot plates so i can put my feet up down the straight and engage the tow hook...

Bumped to B grade this year. WTF??
    Say goodbye to to any chance of finishing in the top 50 this year

Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    Bumped to B grade this year. WTF??
    Say goodbye to to any chance of finishing in the top 50 this year
    you are super fast JC, you will do alright. also they grids fro clubsport unlimited weren't that big at least at the last round
    http://racing.natsoft.com.au/6370198....88z/Result?17

reminds me that I need to renew my MA license

mailbox had a large envelope from mnsw .Opened it to discover a nice grading certificate with...

D on it ...
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

I think they made a mistake...

Quote Originally Posted by BoB View Post
    mailbox had a large envelope from mnsw .Opened it to discover a nice grading certificate with...

D on it ...

I was told I would be in D also, will check the letterbox for confirmation tonight.

I too got a D in the mail today.

C- I guess i'm gonna have to go faster than you now BoB

Quote Originally Posted by Saturnalian View Post
    C- I guess i'm gonna have to go faster than you now BoB
    What the ?... C for you jamie , now your going to have to get a spare bike and push it a bit more . That one you have is way too nice to race , put it back on the road and get an 08 to come out with us in clubsport.
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

I tried to get a sneaky clubsport bike a couple of weeks ago. I pulled the pin at $4800. It went for $4900. Looks like 2016 it is for me. Mine is 01/10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't get a letter :(
    do a burnout

Maybe tomorrow. I didn't get mine either.

It's a pretty archaic system, isn't it..... everyone sitting at the mailbox, waiting for a letter to arrive - or not. If everyone got a letter each year, that would be one thing; if you didn't receive a letter, you knew it went missing in transit. But if it's only some people (and it's at a random time each year), who knows whether you are regraded or whether the postal system was lazy/incompetent and lost or misplaced or misdelivered your letter.

A list on the website, and an email to licence holders telling them when the list had been published, would make much more sense in this day and age. Quicker, cheaper and much more reliable. Or am I wrong?

I think it was Rick that had a email from MA saying after 3 races in D grade you automatically go up to C.

Some people stay 2 years in D (like McCarthy) and some people go up to C after 1 race (Little Mick)

it makes no sense how they actually work out their magic formula.. (maybe its just a lucky dip)

Im in C this year because I called up not waiting for the magical letter

grading thread redux!
    do a burnout

Following the last St George meeting I attended, where the club said "grading nothing to do with us, speak to MNSW". I emailed MNSW twice asking for information regarding the grading process. I have never received a reply to either email. MNSW's lack of consultation and explanation regarding grading with and for those involved is simply atrocious. They only have themselves to blame for people referring to 'their system' as a lucky dip, they provide no explanation or transparency.

I'd actually hold this up as an 'anti pattern' with regard to how NOT to do grading. In my opinion there should be a checklist that is ticked and then an explanation of the marking scheme that results in a specific grade. For the sake of transparency everyone should be able to see 'the working out', not just the final magic answer, both for themselves and others.

The fact this comes out a week before St George rnds 1 & 2 is yet another example of how poor the admin is ... anyone that's changed grade now has to contact St George and modify their entry ... it's pathetic and incompetent.

I actually did get a letter. D Grade :(
    do a burnout

Well done Dan?

I think Marshy is well versed in the lucky dip/pull a name out of a hat draw that is MNSW grading...

But just think, even if they get 50% wrong they've still got 50% right. Glass half full approach
    2004 Suzuki Gixxer 600 Clubsport #59

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    A list on the website, and an email to licence holders telling them when the list had been published, would make much more sense in this day and age. Quicker, cheaper and much more reliable. Or am I wrong?
    Forget which state, but one state MA body actually does publish a gradings list on their website (found it when I was searching online for ours a couple of weeks back before I put in my st george entry).

In this day and age there isn't really an excuse. And if privacy is a concern (really can't see how it would be) then it could be displayed by club membership #.
    2004 Suzuki Gixxer 600 Clubsport #59

St George actually did it for the first time last year.

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    I actually did get a letter. D Grade :(
    What else were you expecting Dan? Enjoy the D whilst you can ... this time next year we should all get bumped to C.

Quote Originally Posted by motorbiker View Post
    And if privacy is a concern (really can't see how it would be) then it could be displayed by club membership #.
    I can't see a privacy angle on this at all???

I got the letter today, moved to B.. No $2 trophies this year lol

Quote Originally Posted by mercho View Post
    I got the letter today, moved to B.. No $2 trophies this year lol
    Protest Chubbs C grading

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

Quote Originally Posted by senator8 View Post
    Protest Chubbs C grading
    haha he definitely should be there if I am!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mercho View Post
    haha he definitely should be there if I am!!!
    I'm writing the letter for you now. How he feels it's unfair you're best mates and want to continue to race together. How he's only got a stock motor and everyone else has got cams and head work. He wants to be B just like you and JC.

Sign and send - all done

Hahahahaha

BAHAHAHHAAH - waiting for him to chime in, where are you Chubb?

Thread Information