Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FXRRC rnd 1

In reading further last night, it turns out this is actually a design feature from Aprilia.

In other news, check out the Pro-Twins field.... Me and Chris Perini, and Kris Keen, and Brett Harpur, and even Rob Hodgson on his SV!! It's gonna be fun

Edit: what is Brett doing in Pro-Twins on a BMW?? I can understand the Ape (V-config engine), but an inline 4 is just cheating.....
    Last edited by Marshy; 06-03-2014 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Brett-the-Cheat
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Actually some matt black isn't a bad idea.... I'll bust out the rattle cans!!
    Oi there's not enough room for two rattle cans in this town mate
    do a burnout

Im wishing I planned March a little more and entered this. As highlighted already in this thread, waaaaaay too long between st george rounds.

Looking forward to it. Cant see the garage list posted up yet. Anyone know if its out, I can never work out where to look on the FX site lol

Dare I ask why an Aprilia V4 goes in the pro twins class?

Ive had to pull the pin on this meet unfortunately, going overseas 4 days later so just too hectic. Have fun fellas!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spilly1199 View Post
    Dare I ask why an Aprilia V4 goes in the pro twins class?
    Because they are uncompetitive in the open superbike class?? TON has changed the rules (and the class name) a few times. It used to be Pro-Twins when it was just Ducatis, and then when they let the V4 Aprilia in he renamed it Pro-Thunder (still for V-configuration engines only). Now it looks like it's really the BEARS class, but renamed back to Pro-Twins, for some unknown reason.

Maxxy max won a couple of SBK titles. :p

Because they are uncompetitive in the open superbike class?? TON has changed the rules (and the class name) a few times. It used to be Pro-Twins when it was just Ducatis, and then when they let the V4 Aprilia in he renamed it Pro-Thunder (still for V-configuration engines only). Now it looks like it's really the BEARS class, but renamed back to Pro-Twins, for some unknown reason.
    Might as well add the Jap bikes and call it 'Pro choice'...

No, w8!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    Might as well add the Jap bikes and call it 'Pro choice'...

TBH, I never understood why Ducatis deserved their own class anyway. Oh, that's right... it's because they were nowhere in normal 1000cc class!! Remember in WSBK where they just kept increasing the capacity limit for 'v-twins' (ie Ducati) whenever they looked like getting beaten by a jap bike? So Honda fought fire with fire with the SP.

Given the 'new class' in MotoGP now, I reckon Honda can't be too judgmental of Ducati's antics in WSBK

Garage List is now up on the site

Exciting!!! I love racing!!

Lotta prep tonight. Lockwired everything, oil and filter change, cleaned some stuff, coolant replaced with demineralised water, new brake fluid. Crispy09 was here repacking his 1199 Termi mufflers..... what a shit of a job. Fibreglass everywhere!

Still gotta do race numbers and a few other bits and bobs.

Good luck to everyone racing.... should be a great day of play
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Same. Good luck all. Hope it's good weather for you
    Pre Modern Formula 1 Champion 2013 (GSXR750T)

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    Given the 'new class' in MotoGP now, I reckon Honda can't be too judgmental of Ducati's antics in WSBK
    Don't get me started...
    do a burnout

Beautiful weather in Goulburn yesterday!! Sunny, no wind to speak of, balmy high-20s temps. Goulburn at its finest!

Unreal day! Just awesome. Soooooo much track time with 2 classes. I was doing some calcs in my head on the drive home, and I did 2 or 3 laps shy of 100 laps yesterday. The Aprilia is just awesome. Really really awesome. Once I learned how to turn on Launch Control (which rocks, btw), I actually got a good start, and this was my best result. I was honestly much more stoked with a 2nd in this company than winning 600s. And the tyres on the Aprilia were done after race two, so this was on really shagged tyres:

results-1.jpg

I went down to check it out, looks like a really well run event from where I was sitting. When's the next one?

Nick I can't get over how quickly you've adapted to the ape, incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty View Post
    I went down to check it out, looks like a really well run event from where I was sitting. When's the next one?

Nick I can't get over how quickly you've adapted to the ape, incredible.
    We had a few longer stoppages during the day which forced them to save time by doing 2 flying sighting and warm up laps(this should be standard) instead of 1 lap grid up..flagged off on 2nd lap(warm up) then grid up and race, As time was short they dropped the last round back to 6 laps instead of 7

2min board and hooter was sounded on chequered flag of preceding race, 30sec board as last racer went past the chequered flag..as long as there were no pick ups.......this is the key to a good meet getting bikes off and on the track ASAP, which forces riders to be on there toes, which is a little easier at WP because you can see the whole track from the wall or the garage door.
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Championship winner (2012) (the tank)
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Road bike
    2005 KTM 450 EXC (fun bike)
    2005 Yamaha R1 Class winner 2014

Beautiful weather in Goulburn yesterday!! Sunny, no wind to speak of, balmy high-20s temps. Goulburn at its finest!

Unreal day! Just awesome. Soooooo much track time with 2 classes. I was doing some calcs in my head on the drive home, and I did 2 or 3 laps shy of 100 laps yesterday. The Aprilia is just awesome. Really really awesome. Once I learned how to turn on Launch Control (which rocks, btw), I actually got a good start, and this was my best result. I was honestly much more stoked with a 2nd in this company than winning 600s. And the tyres on the Aprilia were done after race two, so this was on really shagged tyres:

results-1.jpg
    Congratulations Nick ... you are a machine ... can't wait to see the ape for real, you bringing it along at Easter?

Thread Information