Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FXRRC Round 2 + enduro

Can you use AASA for Track Days and get your $20 back, or is that only for MA? It does add up after a while.

Doesn't apply to aasa rick. Only ma at ecrd and pi days. Not wacky

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Quote Originally Posted by Nelso View Post
    Riding bikes and having fun is the point. Working on them and making them look pretty, not so much. My ugly bike is just as much fun to ride as all of your pretty ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    Preaching to the choir here!
    Depends on what floats your boat. I used to HATE working on bikes!! And I never, ever washed a racebike in years of riding them. Filthy, unrepaired damage, held together with duct tape and cable ties - all good.

But lately I've actually really been enjoying mechanical work, performance tuning and yes, making them look pretty! Although if I'm honest, I still very rarely wash them Some habits don't change.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Form sent today...woohoo

Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    Form sent today...woohoo
    +1
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Championship winner (2012) (the tank)
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Road bike
    2005 KTM 450 EXC (fun bike)
    2005 Yamaha R1 Class winner 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Depends on what floats your boat. I used to HATE working on bikes!! And I never, ever washed a racebike in years of riding them. Filthy, unrepaired damage, held together with duct tape and cable ties - all good.

But lately I've actually really been enjoying mechanical work, performance tuning and yes, making them look pretty! Although if I'm honest, I still very rarely wash them Some habits don't change.
    I like the mechanical side I just can't motivate myself to sit down and sand fairings back and repair fibreglass and the rest. It's so low down my list of priorities haha

In saying that one day I'll set aside aside a day and do them all at once. Just got to find a day I don't have anything on. 2024 perhaps.
    do a burnout

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    I like the mechanical side I just can't motivate myself to sit down and sand fairings back and repair fibreglass and the rest. It's so low down my list of priorities haha

In saying that one day I'll set aside aside a day and do them all at once. Just got to find a day I don't have anything on. 2024 perhaps.
    Let me know when your fiber glassing day/year is ... I'll drop off a few of mine for you to touch up too.

Quote Originally Posted by Phat3R View Post
    Let me know when your fiber glassing day/year is ... I'll drop off a few of mine for you to touch up too.
    +1. I find it's easier to just buy a new set

I love doing the mechanical work but I hate making the thing pretty. I painted my bike with a few bucks worth of rattle cans in 2011 and it's getting worse and worse. My fairings are pretty much cactus now so I'll buy a new painted set soon and I'll have to force myself to start cleaning the bike :p

Here's a tip - the Lowes design looks spotless at all times (without any cleaning) and the Ape in mostly white looks filthy after 5 minutes on track! I'm not a fan of black, and in fact I love a mostly white bike, but damn they look dirty quickly! Mostly it's rubber (and some grease) blobs/marks, but also bugs etc.

Thing with white is that it never looks great in pictures either 'cause it's a PITA to get the colors right since it blows everything out.

Green however...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    Thing with white is that it never looks great in pictures either 'cause it's a PITA to get the colors right since it blows everything out.

Green however...
    yes but when your racing at 200km anything looks good, just look at uncle Phil's scratched up ZX10's ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Mstevo View Post
    yes but when your racing at 200km anything looks good, just look at uncle Phil's scratched up ZX10's ;-)
    Very true!!!

Can't say the same for yours mstevo.

It's always looking immaculate!!

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    Can't say the same for yours mstevo.

It's always looking immaculate!!
    just part of the race prep for the next ride/race, which starts with a wash and blow dry the day after I get home to check over the bike for any problems...bloody OCD lol
    proper preparation prevents piss poor performance

weather looks good, accommodation done, bike is all sorted and happy I heard her neighing at 2am last night, and they gave me number 16........things are going alright

Whats the deal with final instructions... Anyone received?

Quote Originally Posted by James_ View Post
    Whats the deal with final instructions... Anyone received?

Nope, when I spoke to her yesterday about my race number she mentioned that she has been sick all week, perhaps a little swamped again

Garage/Competitor information is up
    http://www.formula-xtreme.com.au/xtr...F!OpenDocument

Thread Information