Thread: OBD2 scan tool

OBD2 scan tool

So there i am trawling through ebay looking to buy a scan tool for checking engine code faults and come across this

cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=141280081151&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:AU:1123

Looking through the fine print , well not that fine, but in bold red letters it states

"Note: When using this item ,please don't install the battery . It will destroy the item " ???

so i send them a message "do you mean dont have the 9v battery connected when plugging into the car?"

there reply
    "Dear customer,
    Hi there,
    Thanks for your interests in our item and your contacts.

This item is required a 9v battery to work. Also the package does not come with battery.

Any other questions, just let us know or visit our ads."

So you need the 9v battery in it to work but installing the battery will destroy the item ??? So i ask them again ...

"it states in the product description Note: When using this item ,please don't install the battery . It will destroy the item . is this correct ? surely you would need to install a 9v battery for it to work."

There reply "Yeah, it need the battery to work"

Am i Missing something here ??? Or if you know of a decent obd2 scan tool that wont destroy itself when being used then send us the details ..
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

Should be fine, mate. After all, what's the worst that can happen. Oh wait....
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

ahhhh I wish you told me this yesterday at the track...I had one plugged into the subi as we talked in the pits

my version was a bit cheaper but does the same things, reads codes and clears them

Catalytic converter inefficiency.... It had 3 cats one fell off
    Last edited by shippy__; 31-05-2014 at 06:28 AM.

mine is pretty much one of these http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mini-Auto...item2c70a8f9f9

I use my phone as a display

Thread Information