Thread: 600cc retro class stg

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelso View Post
    She crashed last weekend, on a Commuterlite of all things.
    Bugger rob. Hope she is Ok. Was it at pcra?
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Mick View Post
    Bugger rob. Hope she is Ok. Was it at pcra?
    Nah, it was a track day at Wakefield a week before the PCRA weekend. It was the first corner of the first lap of the first session on the first day she had ridden it too! Silly girl forgot to check tyre pressures on a brand new tyre, without warmers, at Wakefield, first thing on a cold day. The front tyre had 38psi in it so she lost the front going into turn two, straight out of the pits. She is fine and they patched the bike up on the day to keep riding it.

We fixed it up through the week and she raced it over the weekend. In the sprints, she came first in class in the first race despite it not running right, DNFed the second race due to a mechanical failure and came from the back of the grid to finish 2nd in class in the 3rd race. The bike stopped because she had forgot to reconnect a couple of plugs when she pulled the dash off when she fixed the damage from last week's crash and the battery died. It was also running poorly, because the fuel pump was disconnected!

Leanne and Rachelle then raced it in the One Hour on the Sunday and came 2nd in class!!!! Leanne got the fastest lap of the race in her stint and Rachelle rode absolutely brilliantly to bring it home!
    2011 ZX10R track/race bike
    ZRX1200 road bike
    Period 6 ZXR 750 race bike
    P6 250 production RMX250 motard race bike
    2015 YZ450F Dirt track/motard
    TE511 trail bike/motard

Quote Originally Posted by Nelso View Post
    It was the first corner of the first lap of the first session on the first day she had ridden it too! Silly girl forgot to check tyre pressures on a brand new tyre, without warmers, at Wakefield, first thing on a cold day. The front tyre had 38psi in it so she lost the front going into turn two, straight out of the pits.
    Ha! I forgot to check the tire pressures the first time I went to WP as well... and now I can finally say I did better than Leanne for once... as I lasted till T8! hahaha Not to be outdone I decided to crash on that same corner again 2 sessions later!

Argh... that reminds me of Duncan's map of Wakefield (don't act like you guys are not tagged on it either, Little Mick/Marshy lol)
    Last edited by Mr.Ed; 02-09-2014 at 12:50 AM.

Thread Information