Thread: A Turtle Wanders onto the Track

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Acionyx View Post
    Hi guys, just picked up an 01 R6 for dedicated track duty. It lives in Turtle's shed. It is red and he is jelly.

Yes I have a splint on my left arm. Yes it is from crashing a newborn S1000RR. Just on the other side of that fence, actually.

Day-1.jpg
    aw shitttt ... don't flip it!
    Pronounced Kang-Ah not Kang-Gah

Major Insurance Liability Acionyx's Avatar
    Thanks for the welcome, guys

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Nice ride!! Looks the goods - that pipe must sound nice.

When's the first track adventure for the R6? And are we gonna see a dedicated build thread for this? I'd be very interested in it. A mate of mine is also keen on an early 600, so would be keen to see what's involved with an older girl.
    Thanks Yeah it has a nice tone to it. Quiet, though! Amazingly quiet. It looks like it has a restrictor in the can. Still motors along, though... and let's just say I didn't mind the stealthiness given the questionable legality of my little test ride.

Haven't booked anything yet, probably be a little while - aside from the minimum work on the bike (1kg springs, braided lines + pads), I want to do a bit of road riding to make sure my bent and broken wrists are up to the job before I commit to track days. I can definitely do a build thread, although there's probably not going to be a whole lot going on in it. I have had a few issues tracking down parts and parts compatibility information so just dumping anything I find out might be worth doing anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by senator8 View Post
    Was that Kelly's bike?

What's the plans for the crashed s1000rr?
    Yeah it's Kelly's bike.

NRMA have kindly offered me a replacement in the form of a 2015 model S1K. With the dynamic package. And due to what I've come to regard as my customary incredible luck with the outcome of bike accidents, I happened to call up procycles right after a preorder customer dropped out with his bike already en route and I snaked his spot so I get one of the first in the country without having to have ordered it six months ago.

Really everything keeps coming up roses when I crash horribly. Broke my femur, broke nine ribs and did some other soft tissue damage in my other big crash early last year - was very nicely compensated by insurance *and* when the surgeon bolted my leg back together he corrected a congenital problem I had and I no longer have chronic knee pain on the left hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by KANGA View Post
    aw shitttt ... don't flip it!
    Given my experiences to date I think if I did flip it I'd probably get a public holiday in my honour, an order of australia and a lifetime indexed pension

Thread Information