Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
Anyone go down ( or up) yesterday ? I'll be there Tue interested to hear how it was run???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, Leanne and I went and it was a fucking awesome day. It was really well run, was very relaxed and the best part was being treated like an adult and asked what options we, as riders, would prefer to do when things didn't go to plan. It was as if the operators were there to please the paying customers and fuck me, isn't that a nice change!

The day started out with someone coming around to your shed to scrutineer your bike where you had it set up. Riders briefing was by Tim Sandford and lasted less than 10 minutes. It was professional, to the point, covered the essentials and was unpretentious (the previous operator could learn a thing or 10 from Tim). Guys that were new to track riding stayed after the briefing to have a chat with Tim and he explained a few more things to them. The groups were split into slow, medium and fast, plus an ASBK group. Later in the day, after we had lost some time, they gave us the option to merge the 3 groups into 2 to maximise our time on the track, which worked out very well.

Overall, the day ran very smoothly. The timing of calling groups up, was perfect and there was no waiting around letting tyres go cold. The transition from one group to the next was also perfect (as the last of the previous group were entering pit lane, the group were heading onto the track) and crashes, pick-ups were handled quickly and efficiently. I honestly can't fault anything they did and personally, think they did an awesome job, especially since it was their first time running a ride day. They actually acknowledged at the start of the day that there were likely things that they would get wrong and were open to advice and criticism as they went along, but there was nothing that needed fixing.

So, for me, it was a huge improvement over previous ride days I did at Wakefield and I am really keen to get back down there and do a few more, now.