Thread: Wakefield Xtreme ride day and FXRRC- 18th & 20th July

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    I'd love an update too! I just got back from PI. Dead tired, but some great racing! I'm pleased to say I finished in 8th place overall in the 2014 Australian Superbike Championship!
    Just saw this on FB

I see you're rocking the new set of wheels and it begs the questionSSS!!

How do you like them?! Did you get the chance to weigh them against the stockies? I suppose the Ape stockies are pretty light already though... but could you tell any difference?

I think that's all... for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    Just saw this on FB

I see you're rocking the new set of wheels and it begs the questionSSS!!

How do you like them?! Did you get the chance to weigh them against the stockies? I suppose the Ape stockies are pretty light already though... but could you tell any difference?

I think that's all... for now.
    They are great. And bad. They look nice, but attract dust to the surface like they are some form of dust-magnet! 5 minutes after cleaning, they are dusty again. They are light, but not as light as the Factory wheels. And they take a different rear sprocket and carrier, so I need to have two sprockets the same for switching between oem wheels and these ones. Captive spacers (like the Aprilia oem) are nice. And when clean, they look great! Even if I wouldn't have personally chosen the colour.

The Ape comes with two different wheel types - the R model (mine are all R models) comes with cast aluminium wheels, and the Factory comes with lighter forged aluminium. I bought a set of used Factory wheels from the US recently, so weighed them all recently (except the rear Carrozerria. Oops).

Wheel weights (without discs):

- - - - - - Stock R - - - Carrozerria - - - Factory

Front:
    - - - - 4.0kg - - - - 3.5kg - - - - - - 3.2kg

Rear:
    - - - - -6.4kg - - - - ??? - - - - - - - 4.9kg

I didn't weigh the rear Carrozerria, but it's very light. I'd say close to the Factory weight (closer than the front is).
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Thread Information