Thread: ARDC Tuesday 11th Oct

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    So I've experimented with rear pressures a LOT recently, and I find it all boils down to the temperature (track temp, ambient temp, and tyre temp after a run). As a guide, 23 works really well when it's cold, and I run up to 26 as it gets hotter. I feel the rear as soon as I come in, and if it's not hot enough I drop the pressure a little bit, and if it's too hot, bump up the pressure. At Broadford (Wakey is the same), I was running it even lower in the mornings to get the left side of the tyre to turn on. At the Creek the other day I was at 25.5 (warm track but cool/cold wind, especially earlier on).

I do the same now with the front. At PI in the cold, I couldn't get a soft Bridgestone to generate any heat at all, even with low pressures like 30, so switching back to the Dunlop and running it down at 30 hot and it was magic. Broadford was about 31-32 to get it properly turned on (morning/afternoon). At the Creek tho, I run them mostly at 34, unless it's really cold. The front generates heaps of heat there in most conditions.
    By feel the tyres? Are you just going for a hot Sticky feel? I know what cold tyres feel like but not hot?
    I've just order a digital temp gauge so I can accurately record track, tyre temps ect, in an effort to document and improve. What's a good running temp (end of session say) for the VO2s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
    What's a good running temp (end of session say) for the VO2s
    Somewhere between "that's not really very hot" and "oh fudge, that's hot!!"

I just feel it with my palm. The tyre is too hot when it's painful to touch. You quickly get the feel for whether it's too hot or too cold. I have no idea what temperature that equates to.... I have a gauge too but I never use it for tyre temp (probably should tho!).
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Somewhere between "that's not really very hot" and "oh fudge, that's hot!!"

I just feel it with my palm. The tyre is too hot when it's painful to touch. You quickly get the feel for whether it's too hot or too cold. I have no idea what temperature that equates to.... I have a gauge too but I never use it for tyre temp (probably should tho!).
    Ahhh cool. Well play the "how hot is Marshy touching" game on the 25th and I'll let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
    By feel the tyres? Are you just going for a hot Sticky feel? I know what cold tyres feel like but not hot?
    I've just order a digital temp gauge so I can accurately record track, tyre temps ect, in an effort to document and improve. What's a good running temp (end of session say) for the VO2s

They are pretty important.

Thread Information