Thread: Superbike tail vs road tail?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The seat units and any fiberglass mounted against the frame or subframe needs to be mounted solidly or it will wear on the mounts. Mine still look like the day they were fitted.
    In the beginning, I never wanted to go to a full race tail and seat pad. But was told I would never get the same feedback through the stock seat from those knowing better than me. Now I don't like riding with a stock one. Although they are not all the same. Many of the race seat and fairing companies make replacement race seats that fit up like the stock ones and comply with the SS & PS rules, but are either fibreglass or very hard foam material.

If you're ass is getting sore after 5 laps you might have to ask your boyfriends to be a bit rougher to help condition it. Or you could spend on better quality or thicker seat foam.
    Pre Modern Formula 1 Champion 2013 (GSXR750T)

www.wet4uracing.com.au Race bike & mechanical prep, fairings and parts - www.bikeshop.com.au (Protech Motorcycles)Tyres, parts and dyno tuning www.stayupright.com.au motorcycle rider training from learners through to track skills - http://worthingtonmotorcycles.com.au BMW, Honda, MV Augusta, Moto Guzzi and Aprilia

Quote Originally Posted by senator8 View Post

If you're ass is getting sore after 5 laps you might have to ask your boyfriends to be a bit rougher to help condition it.

The seat units and any fiberglass mounted against the frame or subframe needs to be mounted solidly or it will wear on the mounts. Mine still look like the day they were fitted.
    In the beginning, I never wanted to go to a full race tail and seat pad. But was told I would never get the same feedback through the stock seat from those knowing better than me. Now I don't like riding with a stock one. Although they are not all the same. Many of the race seat and fairing companies make replacement race seats that fit up like the stock ones and comply with the SS & PS rules, but are either fibreglass or very hard foam material.

If you're ass is getting sore after 5 laps you might have to ask your boyfriends to be a bit rougher to help condition it. Or you could spend on better quality or thicker seat foam.
    I'm with Rick.. A wiser faster more elite rider than I gave me the same advice... the soft road seat doesn't give me as much feedback... although you need to mount the sbk seat properly so it doesn't flex around and give you the wobbles... My early R6 was a bugger for it but I solidified it for the last outing and it felt great..

each to their own though... whatever is going to give you feel and confidence...
    Last edited by Little Mick; 26-12-2013 at 08:14 PM.
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

If you're ass is getting sore after 5 laps you might have to ask your boyfriends to be a bit rougher to help condition it.
    Damn straight Rick. This wizard from the North.... He speaks the truth ladies and gentleman

It's always better to give than to receive ...

So what's the best seat foam in the land, and where to acquire ???

Thread Information