Thread: Hey, new member here.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phat3R View Post
    LOL .. you can blame your employer for that!

I waz booked in de green and MEGA rang me up three days before and asked me to do the red, cauze green was over booked and red had hardly anyone in it. I said I waz on a new bike and had not ridden the track for 3 months, and should probably be in yellow. They said it would be fine, cause all the fast boyz would be at Wakey racing.

And I did enjoy sweeping up the oil again, sooo much fun ... .
    Yeah, I heard that little doozy too. Apparently they only had 6 booked into red before they started ringing around. It was definitely frowned upon by the Sydney crew and is going to be brought up by the Sydney management about how dangerous it was with the team at Melbourne. Hopefully, they will never pull that sort of stunt again. I just hope the guys they booked into red that shouldn't have been there don't think it is ok to keep booking into red from now on.

As for the oil spill. You can't prepare for that kind of special. He nearly crashed at turn one after dropping oil all the way down the straight, only to re-enter the track and cover race line all the way between turn 1 and 2. Turns out he didn't do his oil filter up tight enough after learning to do an oil change watching Youtube. At least it got cleaned up quicker with everyone helping; it would have taken 2 hours without everyone's help.
    2011 ZX10R track/race bike
    ZRX1200 road bike
    Period 6 ZXR 750 race bike
    P6 250 production RMX250 motard race bike
    2015 YZ450F Dirt track/motard
    TE511 trail bike/motard

LOL all the fast riders at Wakefield... hahahaha I was there and I'm not fast and I can tell you I wasn't at the back

Quote Originally Posted by shippy__ View Post
    LOL all the fast riders at Wakefield... hahahaha I was there and I'm not fast and I can tell you I wasn't at the back
    1:42.xxxx for GP is pretty quick IMHO!

I want at least another 10seconds off that, I know theres room for 7sec that can be found in consistency... the rest may prove a little harder

I still have no turn/tip in markers anywhere, im still turning in by feel which was causeing issues at wakefeild... And for braking markers I have braking areas, which comes back the the previous corners entry and exit.... So it all relates in the end back too consistency
    Last edited by shippy__; 29-04-2014 at 10:01 AM.

Tru dat
    do a burnout

Quote Originally Posted by Nelso View Post
    Yeah, I heard that little doozy too. Apparently they only had 6 booked into red before they started ringing around. It was definitely frowned upon by the Sydney crew and is going to be brought up by the Sydney management about how dangerous it was with the team at Melbourne. Hopefully, they will never pull that sort of stunt again. I just hope the guys they booked into red that shouldn't have been there don't think it is ok to keep booking into red from now on.

As for the oil spill. You can't prepare for that kind of special. He nearly crashed at turn one after dropping oil all the way down the straight, only to re-enter the track and cover race line all the way between turn 1 and 2. Turns out he didn't do his oil filter up tight enough after learning to do an oil change watching Youtube. At least it got cleaned up quicker with everyone helping; it would have taken 2 hours without everyone's help.
    So watched it on YouTube OR, as you experienced, hand tightened by an expert mechanic with xyz years experience ... IMHO still think its a design issue that so many people, of all experience levels can get it so wrong. Maybe checked in scrutineering, if they are street, have a quick feel, if they are trackies, belly off so they can have a feel / or MINIMUM lock wired sump and oil filter? Seems crazy for a trackie those are not done?

Spoke to rider involved as we went out to sweep the oil up, he said he didn't know it was leaking, just lost traction and ran off T1. He said he thought that the red flags were for the two guys down so he re entered to get back to the pits. Seems like they need a flag to tell rider to get the hell off the track RIGHT NOW and stay off, we will come and get you.

I feel sorry for the two poor bastards that wiped out on T1 ... some long slide marks through T1 where they went down ... no fault of their own and mangled bikes and bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelso View Post

I was phoned more than once leading up to the weekend asking if I wanted to move to red group and I said no, due to not knowing the new track at all. After doing green on saturday and getting held up a fair bit, I decided if the same happened monday, I would move up. Monday was pretty bad in green, first session on brand new slicks, first couple of laps not even knee down passing people around the outside, it was scary slow.

I think once they get the timing system sorted out properly it should be a little better? But I guess with the full circuit, 45 people in each group you get more of a disparity in times.

It was interesting going into the new section thinking there wasn't room to get around people before that downhill lefthander, then I think it may have been you Nelso? Got passed me in the switchbacks at the top very nice and smoothly, lot more room through there than I realised!

Another guy, one of the scrutineers who checked my bike in the morning, passed me in a couple of sessions, once out of that downhill tight hairpin, so fast an smooth, was amazing, so awesome to watch! I chatted to him in the cafe, said it was unreal! Then later on I was passing a bloke into four, already hard on the anchors and he passed me waving, unreal!

But back to the different groups, I guess if the timing is set up properly, then you will end up in the group you should be in, will make it safer and better for everyone involved.

Oh, false neutral into turn one made me soil myself. Probably could've done with a clean up myself after that...

Quote Originally Posted by zoidberg View Post

It was interesting going into the new section thinking there wasn't room to get around people before that downhill lefthander, then I think it may have been you Nelso? Got passed me in the switchbacks at the top very nice and smoothly, lot more room through there than I realised!

Another guy, one of the scrutineers who checked my bike in the morning, passed me in a couple of sessions, once out of that downhill tight hairpin, so fast an smooth, was amazing, so awesome to watch! I chatted to him in the cafe, said it was unreal!

Yeah, yesterday Slow bro made sure I understood that passing on the new section was very possible... Bastard.

Thread Information