Thread: Lap Times

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    To be fair to the ZX6R, I've never actually ridden one in anger. When I was upgrading from the gixxer, I was lucky enough to have 2 mates - one with a ZX6R and one with an R6 let me do a couple of laps back to back. I did 2 veeeery slow laps on the absolutely pristine, show-bike standard ZX, rode down pit lane and jumped straight onto the R6. They both felt SOOOOOO much better than the gixxer - I was just blown away by both. They both had HEAPS more power! The ZX had much more midrange, but on the R6 I kept bouncing it off the limiter cos it revved SOOOOO FAST that I didn't realise I needed to change gear so quickly!

I was very nervous of the showroom condition bike, so I was really slow, but then on the (still very pretty) R6 I was so comfortable after half a lap that I was knee-down everywhere and pressing on very hard!

I'd be very interested in having a crack at a few hot laps on a Zed, just to compare. Hey, maybe Ed or Little Mick could go swapsies with me for a few laps next time we are out?
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    I'd be very interested in having a crack at a few hot laps on a Zed, just to compare. Hey, maybe Ed or Little Mick could go swapsies with me for a few laps next time we are out?
    You didn't ride that one you built with the monster energy fairings?
    Pronounced Kang-Ah not Kang-Gah

Quote Originally Posted by KANGA View Post
    You didn't ride that one you built with the monster energy fairings?
    Nope. I had planned to, but Displaced was waaaaay too keen to buy it asap, and almost before it was finished...
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Nope. I had planned to, but Displaced was waaaaay too keen to buy it asap, and almost before it was finished...
    So just hot laps of lane cove then?
    do a burnout

Thread Information