Thread: St George 2014 calendar

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    It would have been nice if they slotted an extra round between feb and aug.

Say maybe in May

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post

Say maybe in May
    that time of the year is pretty thin for Club Racing, however I'm sure TON will have one his FXRRC dates in there, I'll probably do a few more RYM events for sh-ts and giggles
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Championship winner (2012) (the tank)
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Road bike
    2005 KTM 450 EXC (fun bike)
    2005 Yamaha R1 Class winner 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Mstevo View Post
    that time of the year is pretty thin for Club Racing, however I'm sure TON will have one his FXRRC dates in there, I'll probably do a few more RYM events for sh-ts and giggles
    For public interest, TON is looking at running a 3hr (maybe 3.5 hr) relay (similar to what we run in St George - everyone can run their own bike to class) in March / April, most likely as part of FXRRC... early indicators will be 2 races for the day, once for the uber faster guys, one for the not so uber fast... still early days but if you have some opinions / thoughts/ ideas and possibly suggestions, direct them to TON for consideration.

(note- I don't know what the criteria is for deciding between uber and non uber, but the intent is to make it safer on the track, so Im sure he will welcome constructive comments).
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Mick View Post
    For public interest, TON is looking at running a 3hr (maybe 3.5 hr) relay (similar to what we run in St George - everyone can run their own bike to class) in March / April, most likely as part of FXRRC... early indicators will be 2 races for the day, once for the uber faster guys, one for the not so uber fast... still early days but if you have some opinions / thoughts/ ideas and possibly suggestions, direct them to TON for consideration.

(note- I don't know what the criteria is for deciding between uber and non uber, but the intent is to make it safer on the track, so Im sure he will welcome constructive comments).
    I'm conflicted
    He didn't think about the 100K winner take all race, and buggar all people were interested
    and now he's heading towards the St George 4hr concept...which all the fast guys hate due to them thinking it's too dangerous so he splits the field, has 2 races and allows people to ride their own bikes....his a slow learner but at least he is learning

now lets see the debacle in grading or qualifying times as far as team entries goes

The problem with promoters who try and make a living out of an amateur sport is they are always thinking about making money first and not what is good for the sport or what will encourage riders to participate.

85-90% of riders only last 3 years before they realise they can't afford to keep raceing.
    A St George round costs me about 2K and according to TON an FX round cost is 5K and a ASBK round 20K and that's with out crash repairs
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Championship winner (2012) (the tank)
    2007 Yamaha FZ1 Road bike
    2005 KTM 450 EXC (fun bike)
    2005 Yamaha R1 Class winner 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Mstevo View Post
    A St George round costs me about 2K and according to TON an FX round cost is 5K and a ASBK round 20K and that's with out crash repairs
    FX Oz costs around $2k per round including travel, accomodation, maintenance (but no crash repairs) etc... at least thats my experience this year.. No control tyres so that helps a bit as you can run for as long as you are comfortable on a set (no different to st George)..

Control tyres on the Superbike class would be somewhere around $1600 (2 fronts + 2 Rears (@$630/set) + 1 extra tyre($300-330)) and there probably isnt anything left on the for track days etc after the weekend... so, depending on how big your crew is, and how all out you go, $3-5k for a privateer in superbike class seems about right...

1 extra bit of context tho.... 3 days of track time with FX.... (Assuming ASBK is the same as this or maybe 4 days? - sorry havent really followed asbk)
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post

Say maybe in May
    Virtually the whole committee/officials/race control etc are going to the Isle of Man around then, for a month. So there will be nobody here to run the meeting. Unless we wanna do it
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    Virtually the whole committee/officials/race control etc are going to the Isle of Man around then, for a month. So there will be nobody here to run the meeting. Unless we wanna do it
    When the cats away Marshy
    Life's too Short- YOLO!

Thread Information