Thread: How do you ride a bike?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Did you decide yet Owen??

I'm actually going back the other way. I can't really ride the 1000 the way it's meant to be ridden so I'm going back to what I was more comfortable on, a 600.

Guess I was always more a 600 rider than a 1000

How do you ride a bike?

Quote Originally Posted by chubb View Post
    I'm actually going back the other way. I can't really ride the 1000 the way it's meant to be ridden so I'm going back to what I was more comfortable on, a 600.

I did this three times, so I know the feeling. The Aprilia was the only litre bike to suit me. It feels just like a fast 600.

Maybe I should try a 600 again. What are you getting, chubb?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Did you decide yet Owen??

I am slightly worried it's the wrong choice! Having ridden a few tho, I think I'd be happy on an Aprilia or a new R1 as they just felt like a crazy powerful R6!
    Do you think it's just the ZX10R that's not quite the right for you or is it the whole litre bike thing not really what you're after?

Quote Originally Posted by Binksy View Post
    Actually MStevo has already recommended Rob so it is certainly something I'm interested in! Will have to hunt him down for a chat about it all I think.

+1 for Rob, he's a top bloke and knows HEAPS!!

http://www.wellsprung.com.au/contact.php
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    I am slightly worried it's the wrong choice! Having ridden a few tho, I think I'd be happy on an Aprilia or a new R1 as they just felt like a crazy powerful R6!
    Do you think it's just the ZX10R that's not quite the right for you or is it the whole litre bike thing not really what you're after?
    I think it may be a litrebike thing... I'll be happy to go back to a 600 and when I feel the urge, maybe ride a few before I decide to go down that route again....

I think it may be a litrebike thing... I'll be happy to go back to a 600 and when I feel the urge, maybe ride a few before I decide to go down that route again....
    I'd suggest it really might be a ZX10 thing (for you too Binksy). Many many people have issues with front end feel. It's something to do with weight distribution, offset and something else. It's a 'known issue'. There's people running weird clipons to try and get the rider weight over the front more, and stuff like that.

My advice for people not too sure about a litre is to try a few first! Like I said, I hated the Blade, the 10R and the S1000. I'd be disappointed if I'd assumed that that was it for litrebikes and not tried the Aprilia.
    IMA Thumb Brakes! Shop now

Annitori QS PRO quickshifters Shop now

Superbike Source Racing: 'Like' our page to keep up-to-date with all our racing

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
    I'd suggest it really might be a ZX10 thing (for you too Binksy). Many many people have issues with front end feel. It's something to do with weight distribution, offset and something else. It's a 'known issue'. There's people running weird clipons to try and get the rider weight over the front more, and stuff like that.

My advice for people not too sure about a litre is to try a few first! Like I said, I hated the Blade, the 10R and the S1000. I'd be disappointed if I'd assumed that that was it for litrebikes and not tried the Aprilia.
    It's not a ZX10 thing as mine handles unbelievably! It all comes down to set up. The front end of mine, with the K-Tec suspension is phenomenal. It's set up opposite to Rancel's, as it is really steep with the front end lowered heaps (more than yours Binksy) and the back raised a bit and it works great!
    2011 ZX10R track/race bike
    ZRX1200 road bike
    Period 6 ZXR 750 race bike
    P6 250 production RMX250 motard race bike
    2015 YZ450F Dirt track/motard
    TE511 trail bike/motard

Quote Originally Posted by Nelso View Post
    It's not a ZX10 thing as mine handles unbelievably! It all comes down to set up. The front end of mine, with the K-Tec suspension is phenomenal. It's set up opposite to Rancel's, as it is really steep with the front end lowered heaps (more than yours Binksy) and the back raised a bit and it works great!
    Absolutely guys, the ZX10 since about 2008 has had a front end trail figure of between 107 -110mm, this is very lazy, but stable. The front down and rear up would definitively be the right move to get that figure alot better. Generally better for most riders to get to the most out of them with less effort.

Aprilia or new R1 would be ideal I think Owen!

Quote Originally Posted by wellsprung View Post
    If your there on the 1st Owen. Your welcome to take it for a run.

Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
    If your there on the 1st Owen. Your welcome to take it for a run.

Very good of you mate, thanks heaps! I'm on baby watch until after April tho.
    I'm pretty sure R1 is the way to go tho. I just clicked with it after only one session!

Quote Originally Posted by wellsprung View Post
    I think you're right, Rob. They both seem to suit exactly how I like to ride.
    Skywalker - 2017 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62
    Red Baron - 2013 BMW S1000RR FOZ/Unlimited/Bears Race Bike #62

Thread Information