Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
Also, is there really any noticeable difference in weight between the stock bolts and nuts and the Titanium ones? Reason I ask is because I got the Ti sprocket nuts and disc bolts as part of a package when I bought some stuff from this guy overseas but never bothered putting them on the bike 'cause I thought it would be a lot of work for no benefit... then again, maybe I should?!
There is definitely a cumulative difference with any efforts to reduce weight. It surprised me that there was a noticeable difference for myself with turn in when I swapped from stock to the SK2 rotors. Disc bolts I'd definitely do....
However, Wetty and I did have a conversation once to the effect that sprocket nuts are possibly not the best items to swap for titanium. This was after I came in from a session and saw a nut sitting on the floor of the garage, realising then that I'd snapped a stud clean off my sprocket carrier. And I always torque to spec....something perhaps to do with flex relationships between materials. Another good reason for the use of titanium is that As long as you always use the copper grease supplied they seem far more resistant to galvanic corrosion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk