Thread: Cbr600rr aftermarket rear shocks?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty View Post
    You'll see every lap I get a shit drive out of 12 and it costs me positions all the way to turn 3 every lap. Bikes just bloody fly past me like im stopped. Vid should be up by the morning.
    i was looking at Oggy's vids and he smokes me out of T3 and T9 just about every time . He was taking these in 3rd and maybe quicker corner speed, I do T9 in 2nd. Maybe i need some bigger balls and start to wind on the gas a bit earlier .
    Cbr 600rr 07 track

Quote Originally Posted by BoB View Post
    i was looking at Oggy's vids and he smokes me out of T3 and T9 just about every time . He was taking these in 3rd and maybe quicker corner speed, I do T9 in 2nd. Maybe i need some bigger balls and start to wind on the gas a bit earlier .
    I've thought about taking 9 in 3rd, must give it a try.

Did you see the vids I uploaded? After having the rear cam on I realized how much my slipping slipper was costing me through T1, i was basically coasting through it in neutral so I had to trail the front brake forever to hold it on line, then when I'd pick up the throttle it would flare up and slip. All the hard braking corners like 2 and 9 I was having problems with the lack of engine brake.

It makes me want to cry watching the vids, every time I hit the straight ill lose 1-3 positions.

I think the clutch stuff is under control I found the clutch springs (original from 2007) were under spec and the stack height is a little low. Both things together would explain the massive lack of engine braking. The plates aren't blue like they were after the drags, I was expecting to find carnage after 3 days of epic slippage.

I've been studying my vids closely and I just can't get over how bad a drive I get onto the main straight especially.

I'll send you a message about the shock mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty View Post
    I've thought about taking 9 in 3rd, must give it a try.

Been there, done that... I would not recommend it. T9 is the sort of corner you won't make a lot of time but you can definitely lose a lot there... I a had really short gearing (i.e. hit the limiter at the end of the straight for a good second) and even then it was faster doing T9 in second gear 'cause you need all the pulling power you can get out of it otherwise you need to push the front really hard to carry more speed there (higher risk of a lowside) and even then I still think it's faster to do it in 2nd. It's not like T2 where you can get away with doing it in 3rd gear 'cause it's uphill-ish and cambered properly so it allows you to carry a load of speed on the front wheel before it folds. T9 is pretty much the opposite... Downhill and off camber if you take the wrong line.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ed View Post
    Been there, done that... I would not recommend it. T9 is the sort of corner you won't make a lot of time but you can definitely lose a lot there... I a had really short gearing (i.e. hit the limiter at the end of the straight for a good second) and even then it was faster doing T9 in second gear 'cause you need all the pulling power you can get out of it otherwise you need to push the front really hard to carry more speed there (higher risk of a lowside) and even then I still think it's faster to do it in 2nd. It's not like T2 where you can get away with doing it in 3rd gear 'cause it's uphill-ish and cambered properly so it allows you to carry a load of speed on the front wheel before it folds. T9 is pretty much the opposite... Downhill and off camber if you take the wrong line.
    I agree with the rider who doesn't appear on the track riding.

Thread Information